Wednesday, July 18, 2012

May 2012



The gist of May...
We danced on a boat. I did a lot of gardening and figured out a way to carve out a little more time for myself. Otis spent a lot of time with Yona, Sabina and Xochitl, as well as his Nonni Bev, of course.  We celebrated Mother's Day.  Josh and Diego Bergstrom came up for a visit, as did the Yoches'. Otis was crib/sleep trained. Tony went blonde for a minute.  My parents came down from Oregon to hang out with Otis while Tony and I went up to OODE (our annual Memorial Day camping trip). All the while we marveled at our garden!

On May 6th, we went to a boat party.  There's something very magical about dancing outside on the deck of a boat that's cruising around the San Francisco bay at night.

5/6/12 - Xochitl, Veronica, Melanie and Carolina at Sunset Boat Party

First series of garden photos:






In May, Xochitl started taking Otis during the day.  It's super helpful for me and it's a good time for Otis to spend time with Yona and Sabina. Thank you so much Xochitl, you're amazing!
5/9/12 - Yona, Sabina and Otis



On May 12th, Lacy Anderson hostessed craft night at her place.  The next day was Mother's Day and these delicious chocolate strawberries were what I woke up to.

Xochitl's sister Susi watched our kids, while Xochitl, Sabin, Tony and I went to brunch at French Garden in Sebastopol. Afterward Tony, Otis and I headed to Rohnert Park to see Debbie (and Ken).
5/13/12 - Xochitl and Melanie enjoying bloody marys at Mother's Day brunch

On May 14th, Josh and Diego came up for a visit and dinner.
5/14/12 - Otis with Diego and Josh Bergstrom






5/15/12 - Tony and Otis

Otis is in love with his very soft orange and green knit blanket, made by my cousin Heather.  He spends quite a bit of time wandering around the house with it...

The whole series of Otis and his blanket photos can be found here. If you haven't already seen them, they are definitely worth checking out.

 The night of May 17th seemed like a typical night.  Otis was sleepy, so I started getting ready for bed.  Since Otis was born, he'd been co-sleeping with Tony and me.  Which meant at 9pm, when Otis went to bed, I was in bed too, usually working on my laptop. The night of May 17th was different though, as Tony had decided we would start sleep training Otis.  I didn't take it well, to say the least.  That night and the two following were difficult.  I knew it had to happen though, my parents were coming down the following week to spend five nights with Otis and we didn't want them to end up with Otis in their bed.

Now, Otis is sleep trained!  He sleeps in his crib, in his room.  I have a life outside of bed after 9pm, it's life changing.  Thank you again Tony for taking the initiative to get Otis in his crib!!! 

Second series of garden photos:









 

Otis Photo Shoot




On May 19th, the Yoches' came up for Lacy's roller skating birthday party.  Since they were in our neighborhood, they stopped by for a visit.
5/19/12 - Dylan and Noah Yoches
5/19/12 - Dylan, Noah and Otis


The weekend before leaving for OODE, Tony decided he wanted to be blonde.  So Xochitl came over and bleached his hair... I was concerned about how it would look, but was pleasantly surprised!
5/21/12 - Tony and Xochitl

5/22/12 - Melanie and Otis



On May 22nd, my parents drove down from Bend with their dogs Dakota and Candy. We left with Sabin and Xochitl the next night to begin our journey up to Oregon for OODE. While we were gone for those five days, Otis had biscotti for breakfast, spent lots of time feeding one of my parent's dogs, Candy. He also played with his gramma and grandpa and his new garden spinners.  Otis is obsessed with garden spinners.


5/24/12 - Otis with Candy



5/27/12 - Otis and Grandpa Randy
We drove back from Oregon on the 28th, arrived home just before midnight.  Otis woke up super early the next morning. I'm thankful Sabin and Xochitl prepped me for Otis' reaction to us coming home. He motioned for my mom to pick him up from his crib and didn't want anything to do with me. He remembered he liked me within a short amount of time though. My parents left a couple of hours after Otis woke up. It was so nice that Otis was able to spend those days with them and for us to know that he was well taken care of while we were gone! We are so very thankful and appreciative of you two coming down, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
5/29/12 - Grandpa Randy, Otis and Gramma Marsha


 Otis is a serious climber!

In May, I started bringing Otis over to his Nonni Bev's house on Tuesdays, rather than her coming over to our place.  He loves it over there!  She has these musical flowers that play Glenn Miller's "In the Mood."  Otis dances around like crazy, turns out the kid loves swing music... Otis loves most music, but swing is definitely one his more favored genres.

5/31/12 - Otis with musical flowers at Nonni Bev's house








6 comments:

  1. I miss you guys soooo much!!! Thanks for sharing Otis's childhood with all of us. Your garden is like the one in Eden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you too! Man, just wait until you see what our garden looks like NOW, it's craziness.

      Delete
  2. So great! I love the photo of Otis sticking his tongue out at Diego and Josh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love the photo before it looks like Diego is screaming at Otis and the next one, Otis is sticking his tongue out at Diego. Good times.

      Delete
  3. Greg & I can't believe how big that kid is...Otis I mean! What a cutie patootie! We just celebrated Karissa's 14th :o We miss you something terrible. It goes so fast. You are blessed to have such a great community who love and support you. Be well...
    Ann & Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pic of Otis and Grandpa Randy is when Grandpa Randy was teaching Otis Summa Wrestling! Just thought everyone should know that in case they want to Summa Wrestle with Otis. =o) Mom (Gramma)

    ReplyDelete